The security industry is a highly competitive arena. The expectations and standards for the practitioners keep on evolving as time passes. As new crimes and methods of criminals are becoming borderless, one must equip himself with the knowledge and skills that are far advanced than what society thinks in terms of security. To be ahead of the game, one must increase credibility. For this to be achieved, one needs a specialization, and the right certification.
The Asset Protection Lecture Series that will be held on 18-20 April 2012 at The Bayleaf Intramuros guarantees the participants’ exposure to formal education on several body of knowledge of the protection profession. The various subjects will prepare the participants for higher-level responsibilities and enhance their confidence. For other practitioners, this serves as a refresher course.
The APLS is also designed as a review course for those aspiring to become Certified Protection Professional (CPP) of ASIS International. (www.asisonline.org). The CPP designation is recognized as the highest global distinction for the security professionals today. To become a CPP, one must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and management skills in providing advanced security solutions. To check if one is qualified to take the CPP exams, check out http://www.asisonline.org/certification/cpp/steps/eligibility.xml.
Those who are not yet qualified for CPP will benefit from the lectures from the country’s CPPs who can give insights based on best business practices of multinational companies, government, and other private and public institutions using the materials prepared by Ace And Associates Risk Management, Inc. and ASIS International – Philippine Chapter.
There are other review courses offered by ASIS International in Singapore, US (Colorado, Texas, Philadelphia), and Vancouver. To know more of these courses, visit http://www.asis-singapore.org.sg/Media/CPP/CPP_Review_2012.pdf or https://www.asisonline.org/store/calendar.xml#02
Who Should Attend:
The Asset Protection Lecture Series is primarily designed for CPP candidates. Others who may find the program useful include security practitioners who want to review fundamental concepts of security, managers who have recently assumed security responsibilities, and individuals seeking more information about the security industry.
How You Will Benefit:
- Strengthen your understanding in the key concepts and practices of security management. Gain valuable insights on how to apply your knowledge to the exam.
- Evaluate your level of knowledge and assess your skills. Identify areas of strength and those areas that may require additional preparation.
- Take practice tests and get feedback on your answers. The questions are similar to those you may expect to encounter on the actual exam.
- Build relationships and share study tips with others who are also preparing for the exam.
- Learn proven test-taking strategies to help improve your performance on the exam. Leave with handouts useful in developing your own study plan.
Security Principles and Practices
Business Principles and Practices
To download the registration forms, please click here APLS Registration form