PNP Chief Director General Nicanor Bartolome formally installed eight senior police officers to key positions in the PNP Directorial Staff and National Support Units.
Designated to new posts were:
· Police Director Arnulfo DR Perez, PNP Director for Logistics (DL)
· P/Chief Superintendent Angelito Pacia, Director for Information Communication Technology Management (DICTM)
· P/Chief Supt. Wilhelm Barlis, Director, Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG)
· P/Chief Supt. Charles T Calima Jr., Director, Intelligence Group (IG)
· P/Chief Supt. Henry P Losañes, Director, Training Service (TS)
· P/SrSupt Rogelio Damazo, Director, Information Technology Management Service (ITMS)
During a recent regional sortie to Mindanao and Visayas, Bartolome installed:
· Police Director Felicisimo Khu Jr as Director for Integrated Police Operation in Eastern Mindanao (DIPO-EastMin) and
· Chief Supt. Manuel Barcena as Director for Integrated Police Operation in Western Mindanao (DIPO-WestMin)
Bartolome said the last round of reorganization of officers occupying key positions was recommended by the PNP Senior Officers Placement and Promotion Board (SOPPB) that aims to enhance organizational performance by “putting the right person in the right job.”
“This reorganization is consistent with the desire of the PNP for continuous improvement of systems and procedures in a dynamic organization like the PNP where demands and challenges are ever changing,” Bartolome said as he presided over the mass change of command ceremony in Camp Crame on Thursday.
The Chief PNP explained, this principle of “improvement”, or “change for the better” patterned after the Japanese “Kaizen” philosophy can be introduced in the PNP to improve functions and services relative to the organization’s mission.
In the same ceremony, the Chief PNP conferred higher ranks to six senior PNP officers:
· Police Director Arnulfo DR Perez, newly designated Director for Logistics formally assumed the 2-star general rank.
Bartolome also inducted three new police generals, they were:
· CSupt. Fernando M Idio of the Regional Internal Affairs Service-CALABARZON
· CSupt. Fidel G Posadas of Directorate for Police Operations in Southern Luzon
· CSupt. Ronilo V Quebrar of the Directorate for Human Resource and Doctrine Development (DHRDD)
Promoted to the rank of Police Senior Superintendent (full-fledged Colonel) were:
· P/SrSupt Adriatico del Camat Jr, Police Community Relations Group (PCRG) and
· P/SrSupt Patrick Villacorte, Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG)
The Chief PNP said another round of reorganization is forthcoming, triggered by the impending retirement of some senior officers in key positions.