Enterprises today face rapidly changing threats as never before. From combating viruses aimed at extorting money from individuals like the FBI virus to more sophisticated viruses like Stuxnet targeting infrastructure to perceived espionage-related efforts in Flame and Red October, the task of the cyber security professional to protect an organization’s information assets is more critical than ever. An increasingly sophisticated threat landscape coupled with the advancement of technology and connectivity requires security professionals to constantly keep abreast of latest trends and strategies to secure their organization’s infrastructure with orchestrated efforts.
(ISC)2 www.isc2.org, the world’s largest not-for-profit information security professional body and administrators of the CISSP®, will host the (ISC)2 SecureAsia conference in Manila on August 7-8. (ISC)2 SecureAsia conference series now is on its 8th year, bringing together leading information security experts from government, industry, and academia from the Americas, EMEA, and the Asia-Pacific regions to share their experiences and expertise to help address the challenges IT professionals face. This year, with the strong support of local co-organizers from the Philippines, National Defense College of the Philippines (NDCP) and National Defense College of the Philippines Alumni Association, Inc. (NDCPAAI), SecureAsia@Manila will bring you the most comprehensive education and networking event in the security industry in Asia-Pacific.
Held in conjunction with the SecureAsia conference, (ISC)2’s Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA) Program recognizes professionals for their outstanding leadership and achievements in workforce improvement of IT security and management professionals throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Since 2007, the ISLA Program has recognized over 140 outstanding honorees in over 15 Asia-Pacific economies at gala dinners held during the annual SecureAsia Conference. This year, the gala dinner will be held on August 8, the second day of the conference where veterans of information security will gather together to celebrate the achievements that the true hero and heroine have done in the past years.
This is the ONE information security conference and gathering in Asia-Pacific that you cannot miss!
In the backdrop of Manila, SecureAsia@Manila offers invaluable education to all levels of information technology and information security professionals. This 2-day event will provide information security professionals with the tools to strengthen their security without restricting their business. Topic includes:
- Malware Analysis/ Reverse Engineering: Hands-on Practical Exercise
- Understanding and Defending Against User-Targeted Attacks
- State of Information Security and Developing a Sustainable Capacity Building Program (The US experience)
- Developing a Plan to Reduce the Impact Caused by Natural Disasters: A Japan Case Study
- Ipv6 Vulnerability Management
- Social Media Forensics – Hands-on Demo
- Mobile Forensics
- CIP Protection and SCADA Security – Addressing Recently Discovered SCADA Vulnerabilities
- Outsourcing and Security: A Financial Services Sector Perspective
SecureAsia@Manila’s Distinguished Panel of International Experts Include:
- Guest of Honor: Hon. Jejomar C. Binay Vice President, Republic of the Philippines
- Welcome Address Speaker: W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, CNSS, Executive Director, (ISC)² and Former CIO, U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S.A
Other keynote speakers include:
- Freddy Tan, CISSP, Chairperson, (ISC)² Board of Directors; Co-Chairperson, (ISC)² Asian Advisory Board; Cyber Security Strategist, Public Safety and National Security, Microsoft Asia, Singapore
- Diana Lynn Contesti, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, SSCP, CSSLP ISO, A Fortune 100 Manufacturer, Canada Member; (ISC)² Board of Director
- Prinya Hom-Anek , CISSP, CSSLP, CRISC,SANS GIAC, GCFW, President & Founder, ACIS Professional Centre; Thailand Member, (ISC)² Asian Advisory Board
- Dr. Meng-Chow Kang, CISSP, CISA, Director and CISO, China and APJ Regions, Cisco Systems, Inc.; Singapore Member, (ISC)² Asian Advisory
- Haruto Kitano, CISSP, JGISP, Senior Manager, Delloite Tohmatsu Risk Services Co., Ltd.; Japan Member, (ISC)² Asian Advisory
- David Melnick, CISSP, CIPP, CISA, National Principal, Security Privacy and Data Protection Practice, Deloitte & Touche LLP; USA Member, (ISC)² Board of Directors
- SC Leung, CISSP, Senior Consultant, HK CERT, Hong Kong
- Amit Jain, Solutions Architect, Trustwave
- Corey Schou, PhD, CSSLP, Fellow of (ISC)² Director, National Information Assurance Training and Education Center (NIATEC), USA; University Professor of Informatics, Professor of Information Systems; Associate Dean College of Business, Idaho State University; USA Vice Chairperson, (ISC)² Board of Directors
- Wim Remes, CISSP, Managing Consultant, IOActive; Belgium Secretary, (ISC)² Board of Directors
- Greg Thompson, CISSP, VP, Enterprise Security Services, Scotiabank Group; Canada Member, (ISC)² Board of Directors
- Prof. Jill Slay AM, PhD, FACS, CP, Fellow (ISC)², MIEEE, CISSP Professor of Forensic Computing Dean: Research, Division IT Engineering and the Environment University of South Australia Executive Dean IT, Polytechnic of Namibia; Member, (ISC)² Board of Directors
- Rajnesh D. Singh, Regional Director, Asia-Pacific Bureau, Internet Society (ISOC)
Please register online at http://www.informationsecurityasia.com/index.php/conference/conference-registration
Early Bird Discounted Fee
(before June 6, 2013)
|USD 240 / PHP 9,800|
|Supporting Organization/Media Partner||
|USD 305 / PHP 12,500|
USD 305 / PHP 12,500
Discount Code: EB_Dis
|USD 360 / PHP 15,000|
Members of the conference organizers, registering before June 6, will have a chance to get an iPad mini.
SecureAsia@Manila is the best time to strengthen and confirm an organization’s market position through consistent and continual branding awareness and networking opportunities by sponsoring this prestigious event. Leverage on SecureAsia@Manila is an extensive marketing campaign to add value to the organization’s marketing strategy and budget leading up to the event.
At the moment, SecureAsia@Manila garnered sponsors from Microsoft and Trustwave. If you are interested in sponsoring this event, please contact us at SecureAsia@isc2.org for sponsorship opportunities.
Join information security experts at Secure Asia@Manila and equip yourself with knowledge that you can use in the workplace. Please visit http://www.informationsecurityasia.com for more information.
If you have any inquiries about the conference or sponsorship, please contact us at SecureAsia@isc2.org