Here are some tips to avoid fire and other accidents in your properties:
1. Burning candles should not be left unattended.
2. Do not place a candle near curtains or other combustible materials.
3. For burns, the first aid management is to relieve the pain by immersing the burned area in cold water or by applying a wet, cold cloth until the part is pain-free..
4. Unplug all electrical appliances before leaving the house.
5. Avoid octopus line to minimize overloading of electrical system.
6. Never place appliance cords or extension cords under a carpet.
7. Do not leave infants or children alone in places where they are in danger of falling or near electrical outlets or gadgets and candles.
8. Always position appliances (TV, computer, sound system, heating appliances, etc.) in a spacious area to prevent overheating.
9. Unplug appliances by grasping the plug, not by yanking the cord.
10. Stop using faulty functioning appliances.
11. Use appliances at specified voltage only.
12. Unplug appliances when lightning and thunderstorm strike.
13. Before checking for electrical trouble, be sure to switch off the main power.
14. Cover all outdoor and indoor electrical outlets if not in use.
15. If appliances such as gas stoves require lighting with match, always light the match first and hold it at the point of lighting before you turn on the stove.
16. Keep kitchen utensils, especially knives, out of children’s reach.