A fire broke out from Prince David condominium across Ateneo de Manila University in Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City Friday afternoon.
Reports said the fire originated from the basement of the 25-storey building. The blaze reached second alarm at 12:58 p.m. but declared under control 1:57 p.m.
Smoke engulfed the building’s 17th floor causing panic among residents. At least seven were rushed to a nearby hospital due to suffocation.
A GMA News TV Live report said improper housekeeping may have caused the fire.
Quezon City Fire District chief Supt. Jesus Fernandez told GMA News that “flammable materials disposed in a fiberglass trash bin may have caused the fire.”