Manila/Hong Kong, 15 July, 2015 — To mark the 10th anniversary of the (ISC)²® SecureAsia Conference, (ISC)², the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals worldwide with nearly 110,000 members, today announced that it will brand the 10th annual SecureAsia regional conference as (ISC)² Security Congress APAC 2015. Co-organized by (ISC)², the National Defense College of the Philippines (NDCP) and the National Defense College of the Philippines Alumni Association, Inc. (NDCPAAI), (ISC)² Security Congress APAC 2015 will be held on 28-29 July 2015 at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila in the Philippines.
Since 2006, (ISC)2 has co-organized the annual SecureAsia Conference with various local agencies in Asia-Pacific. It has been recognized as one of the most influential, comprehensive events for educating information security professionals throughout Asia-Pacific on the latest trends, best practices and technologies. This year, SecureAsia will be branded as (ISC)² Security Congress APAC. The inaugural Security Congress APAC 2015 will be held in Manila, Philippines with the support of the Vice President’s Office of the Republic of the Philippines.
“Ten years is an important milestone for a regional information security conference like SecureAsia and we are excited to brand the event as (ISC)² Security Congress APAC to celebrate the 10th anniversary,” said Clayton Jones, managing director, Asia-Pacific, (ISC)². “I would like to extend our gratitude to NDCP and NDCPAAI for their generous support of the event. Together with the support of the Vice President’s Office of the Republic of the Philippines, I trust we will enhance this compelling education and networking event for the professionals across the APAC region.”
“Back in 2013, SecureAsia@Manila was a very successful event that we and our alumni co-hosted with (ISC)². We are honored to collaborate again to host the highly anticipated (ISC)² Security Congress APAC,” said Dr. Fermin R de Leon Jr., MNSA, president of NDCP. “We are pleased that the event will return to Manila this year for an even more successful event. I believe that local information security practitioners and government officials will benefit from this opportunity to exchange ideas, hear from industry luminaries and learn the latest information security techniques and best practices.”
Themed “Secure Tomorrow Today,” (ISC)² Security Congress APAC is a platform for information security professionals to share their knowledge and to stay up-to-date on emerging issues, trends and technologies. The conference will include keynote addresses, regional roundtable discussions and two conference tracks in “Management & Strategy” and “Technical”. Security Congress APAC features premier global and regional industry speakers covering topics including Professional Development, Information Security Governance, Supply Chain Security, Cloud Security, Business Continuity Management, IoT, Mobile Security and a hands-on Digital Forensics Workshop.
Notable confirmed conference speakers include:
- Keynote Speaker: Hon. Jejomar C. Binay, vice president, Republic of the Philippines (Philippines)
- David Shearer, CISSP, PMP, CEO, (ISC)² (U.S.A.)
- Honorable Voltaire T Gazmin, Department of National Defense, Republic of the Philippines (Philippines)
- Corey Schou, Ph.D., CSSLP, Fellow of (ISC)², chairperson, (ISC)² Board of Directors; director, National Information Assurance Training and Education Center (NIATEC); professor of Informatics and Information Systems and associate dean, College of Business, Idaho State University (U.S.A.)
- Howard A. Schmidt, CISSP, CSSLP, partner, Ridge-Schmidt Cyber, former cyber advisor to Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush; member, (ISC)² Board of Directors (U.S.A.)
- Honorable Secretary Geronimo L Sy, assistant Secretary-In-Charge for the Office of the Cybercrime, Department of Justice, Republic of the Philippines (Philippines)
- Dave Lewis, CISSP, member, (ISC)² Board of Directors; global security advocate for Akamai Technologies (Canada)
- Freddy Tan, CISSP, member, (ISC)² Board of Directors; director, Product Management, Security Division, Singapore Telecoms (SingTel) (Singapore)
- Meng-Chow Kang, CISSP, CISA, member, (ISC)² Board of Directors; director and CISO, China and APJ Regions, Cisco Systems, Inc. (Singapore)
- Jill Slay AM, PhD, FACS, CP, MIEEE, Fellow of (ISC)², CISSP, CCFP, director, Australian Centre for Cyber Security, School of Engineering and Information Technology, University of New South Wales (Australia)
- Chuan-Wei Hoo, CISSP, CISA, CFE, BCCE, security information officer, BT Advise Assure, BT Global Services (Singapore)
- Wan Suk Yi, Ph.D., CISSP, ISMS, senior researcher, Policy & Governance Group, Future Strategy TF,VP, International Cooperation Center, Korea Internet and Security Agency (South Korea)
- Haruto Kitano, CISSP, JGISP, senior manager, Deloitte Tohmatsu Risk Services Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- C. Leung, CISSP, CISA, CBCP, member, senior consultant, Hong Kong Computer Emergency Response Team Coordination Centre. (Hong Kong)
- Frederic Donck, director, European Regional Bureau, Internet Society (Belgium)
Details about the (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC 2015 program are available at http://apaccongress.isc2.org.
(ISC)², NDCP and NDCPAAI members are eligible for discounted pricing. In conjunction with (ISC)² Security Congress APAC, an annual gala dinner and recognition ceremony for the ninth annual (ISC)² Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLATM) will be held on the evening of 29 July at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.
The committed sponsors for (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC 2015 are CyberArk, HP and Qualys.
For further inquiries, please contact Grace Banlaoi, NDCP at email@example.com or Maggie Yuen, marketing manager of (ISC)² Asia-Pacific at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the press wishing to attend should contact Kitty Chung, head of marketing communications for (ISC)² Asia-Pacific at email@example.com.
Founded on 12 August 1963, the National Defense College of the Philippines (NDCP) was established to be the country’s premier institution for education, training and research on defense and security. It is mandated to enhance the skills and competence of qualified military and civilian leaders at the strategic level working in a complex security environment. The Master in National Security Administration (MNSA) is the main training program of the NDCP. The NDCP is an accredited training institution by the Civil Service Commission per CSC Resolution No. 000409 s.1994. Visit the NDCP website at www.ndcp.edu.ph .
The National Defense College of the Philippines Alumni Association, Inc. (NDCPAAI) is the organization of all graduates of the Master in National Security Administration (MNSA) program of NDCP. As of date, NDCPAAI has strength of 1,957 MNSA graduates from the 47 Regular Classes (RC) so far conducted. The distinguished list of alumni is led by former President Fidel V. Ramos (RC-3) and Vice President Jejomar C. Binay (RC-24). NDCP alumni represent a diverse range of sectors including senior officials and chief executives of the government, private sector, academe, and civil society. Also, an increasing number of graduates from allied countries such as Australia, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Thailand comprise the alumni association. The NDCPAAI Board of Trustees and Officers for 2010-2011 is led by Vice President Jejomar C. Binay as President and Chairman of the Board. Please visit NDCPAAI website at www.ndcpaai.com.
Formed in 1989, (ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals worldwide, with nearly 110,000 members in more than 160 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Authorization
Professional (CAP®), Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP®), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSPSMSM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®), HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP) and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information and software security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
Grace Q. Banlaoi
+632 9116001 loc 4581
© 2015, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CAP, CCFP, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, and CCSP and HCISPP are service marks, of (ISC)², Inc.