(ISC)²—International Info System Security Certification Consortium, the largest nonprofit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals—has announced the honorees for its 12th annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA™) Program. (ISC)² will recognize 17 honorees at a Gala Dinner and Ceremony on July 9, 2018 at the Conrad Hotel, Hong Kong, during the (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC 2018.
“Cybersecurity professionals face unprecedented challenges securing their organizations from new and emerging threats throughout the region,” said David Shearer, (ISC)² CEO. “Adding even greater importance to their roles, the APAC security workforce is also working hard to accommodate a wide range of sweeping data protection, privacy and breach notification legislation being adopted throughout the region. That’s why this year it is especially gratifying to recognize so many talented security professionals for their dedication, commitment and accomplishments.”
The 2018 Showcased Honorees and Honorees are as follows:
In the Information Security Educator category:
- Prof. Ryoichi Sasaki, Special Full-time Professor, Tokyo Denki University (Japan) (Showcased Honoree)
In the Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project category:
- Manoj Abraham, Inspector General of Police & Nodal Officer, Cyberdome, Kerala Police (India) (Showcased Honoree)
- Nick Charnley, BMechEng (Hons), Deputy Director – Group Cyber Security, CLP Holdings (Hong Kong)
- Goh Eng Choon, Deputy President, Cybersecurity Systems Group and General Manager, Info-Security, ST Engineering Electronics (Singapore)
- Soon Dol Hong, Director for ICT Management, Ministry of Justice (South Korea)
- Yuichi Kuramoto, CISSP, CEO, White Motion (Japan)
In the Senior Information Security Professional category:
- Hikohiro Y Lin, Head of Panasonic PSIRT and General Manager of Product Security Global Strategy Office, Panasonic (Japan) (Showcased Honoree and Community Service Star)
- Shinji Abe, CISSP, Director, NTT Security (Japan) KK (Japan)
- Wai Keung Liu, CISSP, ISSAP, CRISC, Head of Information Security Risk Management, DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited (Hong Kong)
- Dr. Jaemo Seung, CISA, CISO, CPO, Vice President, Samsung Card Co., Ltd (South Korea)
- Yong Seok Shin, CISO, Viva Republica Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
- Dr. Ming-Kung Sun, Lead Auditor ISO 27001, CEH, CHFI, Senior Manager, Acer Cyber Security Inc. (Taiwan)
- Yudong Zhang, Senior Director, Alibaba Group (China)
In the Information Security Practitioner category:
- Seungyeon Han, Assistant Manager, Korea Southern Power Co., Ltd (South Korea) (Showcased Honoree)
- Minseok Cha, Senior Principal Malware Researcher, AhnLab (South Korea)
- Mayumi Hirata, Representative/Community Organizer, Mew Labo (Japan)
- Hayato Kiriyama, CISSP, CISA, MBA, Senior Security Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services Japan K.K. (Japan)
The 2018 (ISC)² ISLA Asia-Pacific Nomination Review Committee is comprised of members of the (ISC)² Asia-Pacific Advisory Council and previous ISLA Asia-Pacific honorees. For details about the members of 2018 ISLA Asia-Pacific Nomination Review Committee, please visithttps://www.isc2.org/About/Award-Programs.
(ISC)² Security Congress APAC
Concurrently, (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC 2018, will take place July 9-10 at Conrad Hotel in Hong Kong. Themed “Enrich. Enable. Excel.,” Security Congress will focus on bringing together leading cybersecurity professionals to advance industry best practices. Over the course of the two-day event, more than 400 cybersecurity professionals, including researchers, frontline practitioners, CISOs and CIOs will share information on the industry’s most pressing topics, including cybercrime, compliance, critical infrastructure and application security and more.
For more information and to register for (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC, please visit apaccongress.isc2.org. For further inquiries and members of the press wishing to attend, please contact Maggie Yuen, marketing manager for (ISC)² Asia-Pacific, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 2850 6957.
About (ISC)²® — (ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 130,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.