Regional Conference to bring together over 300 worldwide experts, decision-makers and security practitioners from government, industry, and academia to exchange ideas and obtain current global perspectives on security
President Benigno S. Aquino III, President of the Republic of the Philippines, will address SecureAsia@Manila Conference attendees during his keynote speech on August 7.
The eighth annual Information Security Asia Conference –“SecureAsia@Manila”, taking place August 7-8, 2013 at Makati Shangri La, Manila, Philippines, is co-organized by the National Defense College of the Philippines (NDCP), the National Defense College of the Philippines Alumni Association, Inc. (NDCPAAI) and (ISC)2. SecureAsia@Manila will bring together over 300 worldwide security practitioners from government, industry, and academia for two days of education and networking. “Building a Secure Cyber World” is the conference theme of SecureAsia@Manila. The complete program can be viewed at http://informationsecurityasia.com/.
“We are pleased and honored to collaborate with an internationally renowned security certification body, (ISC)2, and with our alumni to host the SecureAsia@Manila conference,’ said Dr Fermin R de Leon Jr, president of NDCP.
“The SecureAsia@Manila conference is one of the highlights of the College’s Golden Anniversary celebration,” said Dr de Leon.
“We hope that the local information security practitioners and government officials can benefit from this regional event by exchanging experience with the luminaries that the conference draws from all over the world,” stated Dr de Leon.
“We share (ISC)2’s mission to make society safer by improving productivity, efficiency and resilience of information-dependent economies through education and certification,” said RADM Roberto Q Estioko, executive vice president of the NDCPAAI.
“An increasingly sophisticated threat landscape, coupled with the advancement of technology and connectivity, requires security professionals to keep abreast constantly of the latest trends and strategies to ensure their organizations’ infrastructures are secure,” said Clayton Jones, managing director for (ISC)² Asia-Pacific. . “This year’s conference theme, ‘Building a Secure Cyber World’, echoes (ISC)2’s overarching efforts to inspire a safe and secure cyber world. “We are grateful for the support and commitment from NDCP and NDCPAAI, which will ensure that SecureAsia@Manila is the most comprehensive and compelling education and networking event in the Asia-Pacific security industry.”
Details about the SecureAsia@Manila program
Conference breaks into management & strategy and technical streams; key conference topics include:
- Organized Crime and Cyber Espionage Forensics
- Malware Analysis/ Reverse Engineering: Hands-on Practical Exercise
- Understanding and Defending Against User-Targeted Attacks
- State of Information Security and Developing a Sustainable Capacity Building Program (The U.S.A. experience)
- Developing a Plan to Reduce the Impact Caused by Natural Disasters: A Japan Case Study
- Ipv6 Vulnerability Management
- Social Media Forensics – Hands-on Demo
- Mobile Forensics
- CIP Protection and SCADA Security – Addressing Recently Discovered SCADA Vulnerabilities
- Outsourcing and Security: A Financial Services Sector Perspective
Senior Government Representatives and Experts from the Philippines include:
- Guest of Honor: Benigno S. Aquino III, president, Republic of the Philippines
- Guest of Honor: Hon. Jejomar C. Binay, vice president, Republic of the Philippines
- Honorable Voltaire T Gazmin, secretary of National Defense, Republic of the Philippines
- Honorable Mario G Montejo, secretary, Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Republic of the Philippines
- Honorable Leila M de Lima, secretary, Department of Justice, Republic of the Philippines
- Director General Alan DL Purisima, chief, Philippine National Police
- Ms Shirley Marie P Plaza, secretary-general, NDCPAAI
Conference Keynotes and Notable Speakers Include:
- Welcome Address Speaker: W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, executive director, (ISC)², and former chief information officer, U.S. Department of the Interior (U.S.A.)
- Freddy Tan, CISSP, chairperson, (ISC)² Board of Directors; co-chairperson, (ISC)² Asian Advisory Board; cyber security strategist, Public Safety and National Security, Microsoft Asia (Singapore)
- Stuyvesant Lim, regional sales director, Trustwave
- Pierre Noel, chief security officer and advisor, Microsoft Asia
- Dr. Meng-Chow Kang, CISSP, CISA, director and CISO, China and APJC Region, Cisco Systems, Inc., Singapore Member, (ISC)² Asian Advisory Board
- Sachin Malik, senior premier field engineer, Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
- Chuan-Wei Hoo, CISSP, CISA, CFE, BCCE, security information officer, BT Advise Assure, BT Global Services
- Diana-Lynn Contesti, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, SSCP, CSSLP, member, (ISC)² Board of Directors; information security officer, a Fortune 100 Manufacturer (Canada)
- Prinya Hom-Anek , CISSP, CSSLP, CRISC, SANS GIAC, GCFW, member, (ISC)² Asian Advisory Board; president & founder, ACIS Professional Centre (Thailand)
- Haruto Kitano, CISSP, JGISP, member, (ISC)² Asian Advisory Board; senior manager, Deloitte Tohmatsu Risk Services Co., Ltd., Japan
- David Melnick, CISSP, CIPP, CISA, member, (ISC)² Board of Directors; national principal, Security Privacy and Data Protection Practice, Deloitte & Touche LLP (U.S.A.)
- SC Leung, CISSP, senior consultant, HK CERT (Hong Kong)
- Amit Jain, solutions architect, Trustwave (Singapore)
- Prof. Corey Schou, PhD, CSSLP, Fellow of (ISC)², vice chairperson, (ISC)² Board of Directors; director, National Information Assurance Training and Education Center (NIATEC); professor of Informatics and Information Systems and associate dean, College of Business, Idaho State University (U.S.A.)
- Wim Remes, CISSP, secretary, (ISC)² Board of Directors; managing consultant, IOActive (Belgium)
- Greg Thompson, CISSP, member, (ISC)² Board of Directors; vice president, Enterprise Security Services, Scotiabank Group (Canada)
- Dr. Jill Slay AM, CISSP, Fellow (ISC)², FACS, CP, MIEEE, , member, (ISC)² Board of Directors; professor of Forensic Computing and dean: Research, Division IT Engineering and the Environment, University of South Australia; executive dean of IT, Polytechnic of Namibia (Namibia)
- Rajnesh D. Singh, regional director, Asia-Pacific Bureau, Internet Society (ISOC)
Event sponsors include:
- SYNETCOM, KG Digital Solutions, Samsung SECUI
- HP Enterprise Security, Netpoleon Solutions Pte Ltd
- MDI Systems Integration (MDI)
Details about the SecureAsia@Manila program are available at: http://informationsecurityasia.com/. (ISC)², NDCP, and NDCPAAI members, are available at: http://informationsecurityasia.com/. (ISC)², NDCP, and NDCPAAI members, are eligible for special discounted pricing.
In conjunction with SecureAsia@Manila, the seventh annual gala dinner for (ISC)2’s Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLATM) will be held on 8 August in the same venue. For further inquiries, please contact Grace Banlaoi, NDCP, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sally Ko, marketing manager of (ISC)² Asia-Pacific, at email@example.com. Members of the press wishing to attend should contact Kitty Chung, head of marketing communications for (ISC)² Asia-Pacific, at firstname.lastname@example.org.