Do you commute going to work? Here are some simple tips for every commuter during rainy days.
1. Never forget to bring your umbrella or rain coat.
2. Bring an extra shirt. In case you get got drenched in the rain, you can change to dry clothes and prevent getting sick.
3. Bring resealable plastic bags to keep your mobile phones and other valuables dry.
4. Check the weather and traffic reports before leaving your home or workplace, via television, radio, Internet, or mobile apps.
5. Have alternative plans for travel. Take alternate routes to avoid flooded areas. Also, have a contingency plan if certain modes of transportation became unavailable because of the effects of heavy rain.
6. Always prioritize your safety in the face of stormy or rainy weather. Always consider your safety before going out of your office or your home. Wait for the rain to stop. Or it might be better to not leave home that day. Better safe than sick or sorry. Decide to be safe.
Stay dry and stay safe!